Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Reader Review

Received this lovely review for my novel Operaville from a reader in Calgary, Alberta.

Bravo! Bravo!

When I first starting reading this I thought uh oh, so not my thing but by the end of the second chapter, I realized I was going to have to let go of a lot of preconceived notions. I’m not usually a fan of romantic tales with male authors or erotic scenes written from the male perspective or of first person POV pieces. But I enjoyed this rollicking romp through the main character’s love of opera so much, that I simply couldn’t put it down.

Mickey is such a guy. He’s so clueless about some things (mostly women). But his unabashed love of opera draws the readers (both male and female) into his world. Mickey’s ability to laugh at himself insures that the reader is comfortable laughing right along with him. This book was smart and witty; all in all, a fabulous read. Oh, and I really, really want to listen to Maddalena sing. Mickey’s descriptions of her voicing are so intricate that I can almost hear it.

The author’s vast knowledge of opera was liberally spread across the pages but it never dragged. I was fascinated by the backstories on the various characters from different operas. I’d love to add Mickey’s opera blog to my favorites list.

By Secret Romance Junkie on January 9, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition Amazon Verified Purchase

No comments: